Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
Other users of our website and platform
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- credit card information or other banking details;
- your IP address;
- business identifiers such as ABNs, ACNs, address, size, industry, company structure and other similar information;
- financial information in relation to your and/or your business;
- your transaction history with us;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- website access information such as your username and password; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- open an Account with us;
- use our platform, or perform any transaction on the exchange;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email or other methods; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the ADS Platform and our website;
- to match you to other Users of our ADS Platform, or to suggest information to you that we think may be of interest to you
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our ADS Platform, website, applications business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to deal with complaints made by you or other Users
- to provider other Users with the information they need to contact you in relation to the ADS Platform; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services, products and market research. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
Please note that we do not sell your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- to other Users as necessary in order to facilitate the operation of the ADS Platform as described in the User Terms & Conditions set out on our website
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Combination of information with external data sources
From time to time, we may gain access to external data sources that includes information about our customers. We may combine that data with the personal and business information collected above in order to carry out our business purposes. In circumstances where we gain information from an external source, it will only be used for the specific purpose for which it was provided to us by the external source.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia, including for storage, hosting, analytical, reporting, testing, and filtering purposes.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected appropriately. Although we periodically review our systems for effectiveness, we can give no guarantee that your personal information will not suffer misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information set out below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected. Depending on the type of request, requests may attract a minimal charge.
If you consider that any action of ours breaches this privacy notice or the Australian Privacy Principles or otherwise doesn’t respect your privacy, you can make a complaint. This will be acted upon promptly. To make a complaint, write to us at 14/409-411 New South Head Rd, Double Bay NSW 2028 AUSTRALIA or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone Number 1300 363 992